Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#110364 - 10/08/2002 14:49 change regional settings via command line?
f_devocht

Loc: Belgium
I'd like to change my regional settings (W2K) via the command line. Anybody have an idea how to do this?
I know that 'control intl.cpl' makes the regional box appear, but I also want it to change my local from Dutch to English.
Reason I want this is because I have a program that requires regional settings to be Dutch and an other program that requires regional settings to be English. So I was thinking of just starting each program with a script that first changes the regional settings (and possibly puts them back to a default afterwards).

help much appreciated!
Frank

#110365 - 14/08/2002 06:42 Re: change regional settings via command line? [Re: f_devocht]
Phoenix42
veteran

Loc: MA but Irish born
Frank,
I don't think it is possible to do this via command-line, Windows just does not work that way.
But it is something that can be scripted, I do something similar at work with the TCP/IP setting. If I get a chance I'll throw something together that should help you.

#110366 - 14/08/2002 06:56 Re: change regional settings via command line? [Re: Phoenix42]
Phoenix42
veteran

Loc: MA but Irish born
Having played with it a bit, I've found that one can have several "Regional Options" select and scroll between them by using "Left-Alt & Shift".
Check out the tab titled "Input Locales" under the Regional Options cpl.

#110367 - 10/09/2002 01:48 Re: change regional settings via command line? [Re: Phoenix42]
f_devocht

Loc: Belgium
Found it .
I did an export of the Belgian regional settings registry key (b.reg) and also for us.reg. I then use a little batch to start my program:

regedit /s us.reg
miatalinklab.exe
regedit /s b.reg

To prevent the dos window from staying open in the background I use a little utility called Quiet.exe that makes it run completely invisible (not even minimized on the taskbar). That way I can't close it by accident before my program has ended.

Perfect !

Frank