Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#189063 - 11/11/2003 10:23 Problems playing some MP3's on Karma
puckalicious

I have noticed 3 possible behaviors by the Karma when playing my MP3 collection in a playlist:

1. Track plays like normal
2. Track starts out paused - the track appears that it should be playing, but it is paused with the pause icon present. When I press the joystick up to play it plays normally. Annoying because the music stops in the middle of the playlist.
3. Similar to #2, but when pressing joystick up to play the track, it skips to the next track. All the ID tag info is displayed normally in all cases.

I am using the 1.11 firmware, and I know that the tracks in question are from questionable sources (online), but they play just fine on my computer with Winamp, Musicmatch, WMP, etc. Is there a certain encoder that Karma does not like? I'll have to dig deeper and find out what encoder was used on the problem tracks. Or is this a known bug?

#189064 - 11/11/2003 10:40 Re: Problems playing some MP3's on Karma [Re: puckalicious]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

If the file continues to play, and there is no lockup, you might have a bad MP3 file. Can you run the track through an MP3 validator (MP3TS or MP3trim as a second check?

#189065 - 12/11/2003 14:10 Re: Problems playing some MP3's on Karma [Re: pgrzelak]
puckalicious

That's a valid point, but I forgot to mention that I had already used mp3trim on all my files. That's why I was thinking it may have something to do with the encoder used?