Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#241231 - 14/11/2004 14:11 Add to Winamp 5 'Send To:' list
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Does anybody know if this is possible and how it's done? I'd like to use Winamp 5 to send files to my Carbon or any other player that shows up as a drive under Windows. I've scanned the registry to no avail, looked at the .ini file and don't see how this list is created. It must be somewhere...

Thanks.

-Zeke

#241232 - 14/11/2004 15:51 Re: Add to Winamp 5 'Send To:' list [Re: Ezekiel]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You could do it as a shell extension under Windows itself, independent of Winamp.

#241233 - 14/11/2004 19:42 Re: Add to Winamp 5 'Send To:' list [Re: tfabris]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Tony,
I'm trying to use the media library portion of WA to make finding the songs easier than traversing the file directories in explorer, so adding the send to to the explorer shell wouldn't really get me there (IIRC that's done with a PowerToy?). This is primarily so my wife can send songs to her flash based Samsung Yepp, as the software that comes with the Yepp is junk, and for some reason M$ Media Player's library refuses to add any songs to its library. [actually, I just fixed that by deleting *.wmdb]

So, I guess I can use WMP for now, but I'd like to use WA in the same way (Send to: Portable Device).

-Zeke