Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#267904 - 24/10/2005 09:12 Can't get jemplode v70 to recognise Central
Bagpuss

Loc: UK
Hi All,

Just got my ethernet adapter for the Central (a DLink DU-E100).

It seems to work when I plug it in, as the Central can now get it's IP address via DHCP from my router, and can also go to CDDB for track information.

However, when I try and connect with jemplode v70, the Central isn't found. jemplode does work with my Empeg though.

I can't try Windows emplode, as I'm running on a Mac, and don't have VirtualPC.

Should v70 work with the Central?

I've seen mention of a jemplode.jar that contains specific support for the Central, but the links to it are dead. I figured that the latest version would probably have these code changes included. Am I wrong?

I've also got a Linksys USB-100TX on the way, but it's currently on a ship somwhere between Canada and the UK. I'm told it could take 6 weeks to get here. That's what you get for going with the budget shipping option

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy.

#267905 - 24/10/2005 12:40 Re: Can't get jemplode v70 to recognise Central [Re: Bagpuss]
speedy67
enthusiast

Loc: South-West-Germany
Hi, my Central is recognized by jemplode v70, but running on a Windows-Box. I have not connected, but i get it in the list when i connect to my empeg. I'll try it later when i'm at home...

#267906 - 24/10/2005 13:10 Re: Can't get jemplode v70 to recognise Central [Re: Bagpuss]
The Central Guy
enthusiast

Loc: San Diego, California USA
I use jEmplode v70 with my Centrals and it works just fine. I do use static IP addressing, if that makes a difference.

I see that the dLink model you have is on the supported list of adapters, so that's a great sign.

It seems like from your description that it should work okay, especially since you are able to get an IP address and look up tag information from the Internet.

For some testing, you may want to try futzing around with the jEmplode connection option settings in the connection window. For example, I'm guessing that your current setting is Ethernet Broadcast. You may want to try typing in the specific IP address that your Central has been assigned via DHCP and see if that makes a difference.

I've never used DHCP on the Central so I'm not sure how that plays with jEmplode....If you could, it might be a helpful test to try it with static IP addressing and see if that might make a difference.

I know that jEmplode 70 works, so it should just be a matter of figuring out what your setup doesn't like and making a small change.

Any chance that you can make a more direct network connection between your computer and the Central?

Let us know what you find out.....Thanks, Randy

#267907 - 24/10/2005 15:21 Re: Can't get jemplode v70 to recognise Central [Re: The Central Guy]
Bagpuss

Loc: UK
I've figured it out now.

I think RTFM applies, most definitely.

Whoever would have thought that the 'Enter emplode password' menu would have a little checkbox called 'Allow emplode to connect over network'.

Andy.

Edited by Bagpuss (24/10/2005 15:30)