Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#303478 - 28/10/2007 21:56 Odd - possibly heretical - question
TheRealPol
new poster

Time has moved on and my Mk2 has been left a little behind the times, both through being uninstalled/reinstalled so often that it's decidedly battered, and also by the capabilities that it simply doesn't have these days.

I'm now working on a DashPC for my car (LS400 Lexus) and the one issue I'm having is finding a decent radio tuner.

And then the idea hit me....

The tuner for the Mk2 is external - question is, does anybody know what they physical and logical interface to it is - I'd love to incorporate it into my new DashPC as the tuner itself is really rather good.

So - does anybody know the answer - can I have at least my tuner live on in a new world? If so - how?

#303479 - 28/10/2007 22:26 Re: Odd - possibly heretical - question [Re: TheRealPol]
tman
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Time has moved on and my Mk2 has been left a little behind the times, both through being uninstalled/reinstalled so often that it's decidedly battered, and also by the capabilities that it simply doesn't have these days.

I'm now working on a DashPC for my car (LS400 Lexus) and the one issue I'm having is finding a decent radio tuner.

And then the idea hit me....

The tuner for the Mk2 is external - question is, does anybody know what they physical and logical interface to it is - I'd love to incorporate it into my new DashPC as the tuner itself is really rather good.

So - does anybody know the answer - can I have at least my tuner live on in a new world? If so - how?

Its not that easy. Part of the decoding is done inside the DSP.