Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#48170 - 27/11/2001 16:40 Modifying the Animation at start
Elite M3

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
I have looked through the FAQ...and can't find this topic anywhere. I know that Tony created that waving Penguin, and was hopeing someone could tell me if it was possible to replace that animation with a creation of my own. If so, are their limitations to the length? Any special programs needed to create the animation? Install it?

Let me know. And I appologize in advance if this topic has been overdone.

Thanks,

Jason

#48171 - 27/11/2001 16:44 Re: Modifying the Animation at start [Re: Elite M3]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I do have access to the necessary code to allow users to create animations.

However, I have not had a chance to work with it much. I also have some questions about it that need to ask the Empeg team before I can work on it more.

My eventual goal will be to update the Logo Editor so that it allows you to edit the boot animations as well as the image used in the "image pan" visual (I've got code for that one too), but I haven't had a chance to work on it yet.

#48172 - 27/11/2001 20:10 Re: Modifying the Animation at start [Re: tfabris]
jlira
journeyman

how can i switch from riocar animation to waving penguin animation? the logo editor just has a pic of a car, and i don't want to screw around for fear of erasing the animated riocar logo without getting the penguin one to replace it

#48173 - 27/11/2001 21:03 Re: Modifying the Animation at start [Re: jlira]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The logo editor will not hurt the factory animations.

To change personalities (rio/empeg) without sending a custom logo, perform a "Delete" and it will update the personality and will not send a custom logo.