Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#78212 - 06/03/2002 19:49 New Focal Front stage
DBALKUNJR

I just got through installing a set of Focal 165K3 3 way components in mt front stage. Midbass in doors(dynamatted to hell) and I made kickpanels for mid and tweet. Just spent an hour listening.....All I can say is OH MY GOD!!!!! I have had many different brands of speakers in my cars but these take the cake. I didn't want to come in from the car they sounded so good. great imaging crystal clear and nice and warm sound. This set will bring a smile to the faces everyone that comes in contact with them.
I was also surprised at how easy it was to make the kickpanels. I still have to sand and put the finish on them but the sound they produce is unreal. And to think I was gonna pay $700 for a shop to make these for me.....I did it myself for about $100. I'll post some photos once the rest of the system is finished.
Anyone have any suggestions for good tunes to test these speakers? I listen to everything from Sinatra to P.O.D. so any thing goes.
Dave
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Coupe

MK2 12Gb
MK2a 60Gb

#78213 - 06/03/2002 20:51 Re: New Focal Front stage [Re: DBALKUNJR]
cshuttle43
journeyman

Ain't they swell?

Just installed them in the front doors with kickpanels. Granted, they're the polyglass ones, but I think I'm going to eventually replace them with the Utopias, but only after I win the lottery.

#78214 - 06/03/2002 23:38 Re: New Focal Front stage [Re: cshuttle43]
nullcore
new poster

Loc: maryland, usa
i can proudly say i'm on this bandwagon. i just finished rewiring my car and installing my 165v3 components yesterday. next step: replace the busted alternator (just got a replacement in the mail this morning). after that, i need to unload my current gear (sony cd headunit, sony md headunit, sony portable md recorder) for the cash to pick up an empeg.

just out of curiosity, where'd you guys get your focáls, and how much did you pay? and has anyone actually heard a utopia install? i'd be willing to bet that they're amazing and a half.

someone send me an empeg. my focáls are lonely. we hate sony.