Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7825 - 24/03/2000 10:43 Slow-motion bug
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I just had this happen to me on Beta 10, and it's happened to me in the past (around 8c I believe)...

Sometimes after a reboot, the unit plays in slow-motion with stuttering audio, as if something was grabbing all the CPU cycles away from the player/vis software.

Interestingly enough, all of the times it's happened to me, I'm pretty sure it was running one of those cloudy-looking visuals: Grampian, Hercynian, or Caledonian. Maybe it's related to the vis code? I've seen other people report the bug- were you all running the same vis when it happened?

It's very intermittent (I've only had it happen three times in three months), and I don't now how to induce the bug. This last time, it happened when the unit did a quick-reboot because of the voltage drop when I started the car.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144

#7826 - 24/03/2000 17:18 Re: Slow-motion bug [Re: tfabris]
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
all of the times ( . . ) I'm pretty sure it was running one of those cloudy-looking visuals: Grampian, Hercynian, or Caledonian

I hardly ever run any of the 'cloudy-looking ones' and I too have had a reboot in Beta-10 (never before). I'm pretty sure it isn't related to any of the above visuals. It may be totally un-related, but when you add a track to the playlist, occasionally the playback of the current tracks is interupted by a sqeeking noise, followed by a pause for up to about a second only when visuals are active. I've not been able to repeat this with track-info on the screen. Visual related ? ? ?

Henno
# 00120 (6GB+18)

#7827 - 24/03/2000 17:24 Re: Slow-motion bug [Re: Henno]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

I hardly ever run any of the 'cloudy-looking ones' and I too have had a reboot in beta-10 (never before).

While this is interesting, I wasn't talking about the reboot bug. I was talking about the slow-motion bug (which only happened to me after the unit was restarted, and was only fixed by another full restart).

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144

#7828 - 24/03/2000 17:29 Re: Slow-motion bug [Re: tfabris]
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
I wasn't talking about the reboot bug.
My fault; sorry for fouling up the thread

Henno
# 00120 (6GB+18)

#7829 - 25/03/2000 00:16 Re: Slow-motion bug [Re: tfabris]
Liufeng

Loc: Alaska
I've been experiencing a similar bug that may be related to your slow motion. I just got a new car and I haven't installed the player yet so I've just left it plugged into AC power on my desk for days. Everthing seemed normal until after I upgraded to 10. Now after the unit has been asleep for a couple hours with the white LED flashing I can't get the unit to wake up by pressing the controller. And if it does wake up the music is jittery and the visuals don't work correctly. A couple times I've been pressing the remote buttons, and the unit will beep but nothing happens on the display. I'm not sure what to make of this but a reboot fixes it right away.

Tom

Reg_2845 Serial #00173
Reg #2845: Mark 1 #00173, Mark 2 #119, Mark 2a

#7830 - 26/03/2000 09:39 Re: Slow-motion bug [Re: Liufeng]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Yeah, it sounds like the same bug. Was it running one of the visuals I mentioned?

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144