Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#93534 - 13/05/2002 15:14 Re: Celine Dion kills your iMac.. [Re: tfabris]
drakino
carpal tunnel

And incidentally, I think that if any class-action lawsuits are started, they should be directed at Apple for building an arguably defective computer without an eject button.

Why? Read that tech article and count how many more ways Macs have to force a CD to eject over a PC.

Warranties on slot load CD Roms don't cover inserting non-standard shaped discs. I can definitly understand Apples position, if it's not a CD, it's not for a CD drive.

The only time I have had a use for a manual eject anyhow is leaving a disc in the drive when swapping it out.

And if one of these discs did get stuck in my Mac, I'd ensure the service charges were paid for by either the store if it was sold in the CD section, or by the studio who released the disc if it had any sign of a CD logo.

#93535 - 14/05/2002 07:04 Re: Celine Dion kills your iMac.. [Re: tfabris]
David
addict

Loc: Cambridge
> You have got to be kidding me. No eject hole? That's brain-damaged.

The LCD iMac does have a manual eject button on the drive. It's just not 'user accessible' because you need to pull down the flap on the front of the unit.

I'd guess the G4 towers are the same. The cube probably involves turning the unit upside down and pulling out the core.

#93536 - 14/05/2002 07:08 Re: Celine Dion kills your iMac.. [Re: David]
drakino
carpal tunnel

The cube probably involves turning the unit upside down and pulling out the core.

But if none of the other tricks work, it's probably stuck and will need service, since the cube is a slot load drive, and poking the eject button just does the same think as using some of the other eject tricks.

#93537 - 14/05/2002 16:36 Re: Celine Dion kills your iMac.. [Re: drakino]
Diznario
enthusiast

Loc: Portland OR
Hey, speaking of Wacky Mac stuff, any of you guys checked out the new Xserve?

I wonder if it has an emergency eject hole for the CD ROM drive...

#93538 - 14/05/2002 17:14 Re: Celine Dion kills your iMac.. [Re: Diznario]
David
addict

Loc: Cambridge
> Hey, speaking of Wacky Mac stuff, any of you guys checked out the new Xserve?
Of course. What kind of Apple-devotee do you think I am? :P

> I wonder if it has an emergency eject hole for the CD ROM drive...
It does indeed. And I'm sure someone spent hours agonising over the placement for optimum visual pleasure.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2