Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#131324 - 18/12/2002 08:15 On pause permanently!
bbowman
enthusiast

Loc: Virginia, USA
Last night I was synching me empeg with JEmplode (On Linux). Before Synching, I hit the pause button in JEmplode and the empeg paused as expected. I synched and went to bed. This morning when I put the empeg back into the car, I found that it was on pause. When I tried to unpause it (with the top button), the pause symbol changed to play, but the music did not advance - there was no sound, and the time did not increment. Got any ideas?

I'm assuming that that only way to fix this is to hook it back up to my network, start JEmplode, and unpause it. Is this correct?
Still looking for a good way to install in a 2010 BMW 3 series with iDrive/NAV

#131325 - 18/12/2002 08:33 Re: On pause permanently! [Re: bbowman]
Chimaera
enthusiast

Loc: DFW Area, Texas, US
check out this thread

#131326 - 18/12/2002 09:55 Re: On pause permanently! [Re: bbowman]
bbowman
enthusiast

I did some more investigation after reading that thread and found that I had overlooked something very important.

In JEmplode, I always copy the Artists/Albums Soup list and paste it as a Playlist. This was the first time I did it since using JEmplode 44. It created all of the lists in hierarchical order, but all of the individual songs are missing.

So, I've got the whole structure (Artists and Albums), but the Albums are empty! Does this feature no longer work in JEmplode? What have I missed?

#131327 - 18/12/2002 10:39 Re: On pause permanently! [Re: bbowman]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know but i have version 42, and I don't have to copy and paste the soups to update them. It places my new music in the correct soups automatically.

When I had version 35, I would have to copy and paste the soups and that worked fine, but when I'd use Rio Emplode after doing that it would totally [censored] everthing up.

What I do now is load my new music onto the player with Emplode (out of ease of use), and then after that I sync with JEmpeg because it automatically places all that new music in the right soups.

#131328 - 18/12/2002 11:52 Re: On pause permanently! [Re: ]
bbowman
enthusiast

hmm, that's odd, I've used several versions of JEmplode, but it never automatically put soups in for me - I've always had to copy, then and paste them in. Is there a configuration somewhere for JEmplode that will enable this to automatically happen?

#131329 - 18/12/2002 13:21 Re: On pause permanently! [Re: bbowman]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, I think it's TOOLS>>CREATE NEW SOUP PLAYLIST. It has all kinds of options that you can sort the songs by. Say you add a Jimi Hendrix song to your ROCK playlist in JEmplode. If you had a sort-by-artist soup playlist setup by JEmplode, JEmplode will also automatically place that song in the "Artists" >> "Jimi Hendrix" playlist.

#131330 - 18/12/2002 13:50 Re: On pause permanently! [Re: bbowman]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I think my internal playlist is on pause permanently, and that's why I can't get anything done at work. I tried to restart, but I'm just like... paused.

#131331 - 18/12/2002 14:28 Re: On pause permanently! [Re: tonyc]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're not paused, you're just on a really spaced out track. Try switching to Takin' Care of Business.