Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#174645 - 11/08/2003 12:10 Problems with Emplode on XP Machine
joe187
journeyman

Loc: Massachusetts
Is anybody besides me having a problem running Emplode on an XP machine? It seems to install fine, and then it finds the player on USB. But when I launch the player in immediately goes to the "Microsft has encountered a problem and will shut down"... or whatever that text is. I have R&R'd a bunch, including a complete registry uninstall, to no avail. Any ideas? I have installed and run it successfully on other XP boxes, any known conflicts? My laptop is loaded with crap, so maybe it is a conflict.

#174646 - 11/08/2003 12:14 Re: Problems with Emplode on XP Machine [Re: joe187]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
You fully uninstalled the USB drivers as described in the readme? That's really the first thing to be compleetly sure about. One of the empeg guys was looking for information on usb chipsets that won't work with the usb driver, so you might want to dig up that thread. You'll be far better off if you bite the bullet and get ethernet set up. Though all the official features work over USB, many of the unofficial ones only work over ethernet.

Matthew

#174647 - 14/08/2003 22:26 Re: Problems with Emplode on XP Machine [Re: matthew_k]
joe187
journeyman

Loc: Massachusetts
Hey Matthew - thanks for the info. I have enet set up everywhere but at work. It's a little tough to change my IP address mid stream during work to upload to the Empeg while I am supposed to be doing company business... I am a network manager and would have a hard time splaining why I didn't know about the outage cause I was on my own private little network. It's just easier sometimes to deal with USB for a quick CD upload. I will check out the USB issue though in the readme. AS with most computer people, I usually ignore them to my detriment. Thanks.

#174648 - 14/08/2003 23:38 Re: Problems with Emplode on XP Machine [Re: joe187]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I am a network manager and would have a hard time splaining why I didn't know about the outage cause I was on my own private little network.
Oh, you can do much better than that. Click here and scroll down to the heading "Accessing the player on a different subnet than your PC".

And to get USB working, as was already said, it's in the readme. For more details, click here.