Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#26525 - 12/02/2001 17:18 Digital Audio Receiver
ShawnSteele
new poster

I have a Dell Digital Audio Receiver. The software has empeg stamped all over it, and I strongly suspect that its just a modified version of the car player. I was wondering if anyone's tried modifying any of the empeg software to run the Dell/Rio Digital Audio Receiver? The software that it ships with has a few things I'd like to improve upon :-)

Now we need a wireless LAN to sync the home unit with the car unit.

- Shawn

#26526 - 12/02/2001 17:34 Re: Digital Audio Receiver [Re: ShawnSteele]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
strongly suspect that its just a modified version of the car player.

As I understand it, the software has some significant differences from the Car player software. For instance, it's meant to pull its files from a special network share rather than a local hard disk. Still, I, too, would be interested in seeing which software components are the same. For instance, it would be cool if I could use my Empeg Car like a Rio Receiver, streaming files via an ethernet plug. Or having the Car player serve files to a Rio Receiver.

(And yes, I know we need to bring up the idea of a separate Rio/Dell receiver BBS again.)

#26527 - 13/02/2001 03:46 Re: Digital Audio Receiver [Re: tfabris]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I'll probably bring a demo to the meet of a car player serving a Receiver. This isn't due to make a software release any time soon as it is something of a memory hog.

Rob

#26528 - 13/02/2001 15:48 Re: Digital Audio Receiver [Re: rob]
ShawnSteele
new poster

IMHO it needs to go the other way around: Hook up a wireless network card to the car, so that it can download files from your server when you park it in the garage! ('k so it'd take some work..)

#26529 - 14/02/2001 03:32 Re: Digital Audio Receiver [Re: ShawnSteele]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
You can do that already. emplode will happily connect to a car player over 802.11.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg