Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#80053 - 13/03/2002 02:17 Metrics of the fascia for Mk2A
eslange
journeyman

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
Hello all,

I planned to start a new hobby-project: aluminium replacement for my fascia on my Mk2A. All done by simple equipment (hence: not everybody owns a computer aided cutting machine ). It's already done by some other users.

I've taken a look on riocar.org and the geek site, but I can not find any description about the used metrics. Of course I can get my ruler and measure everything myself, but I was wondering if there exist a detailed buildplan?

And how about spare knob parts? Not immediate a requirement, but might by handy. Can I contact the support for this?

Thanks in advance,

Eize
(Utrecht, The Netherlands)

#80054 - 13/03/2002 04:57 Re: Metrics of the fascia for Mk2A [Re: eslange]
eslange
journeyman

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
Never mind...

I just figured out that the data-file (SolidWorks) is IP stuff, so it seems I've to do the measuring myself...

Remains the question regarding the knobs...

Cheers,

Eize

#80055 - 13/03/2002 20:17 Re: Metrics of the fascia for Mk2A [Re: eslange]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Contact support and see if you can get some extra buttons.

If you're going to make your own, you can start by making some alterations to the fit of the stock one. If I were making my own, the first thing I would do is find a way to make the screen fit closer to the front of the fascia - to give it a more flush and standard-looking face. With a plastic fascia this is more difficult because you'd loose some of the depth which adds rigidity. Out of aluminum this shouldn't be a problem at all.

Bruno