Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#206368 - 23/02/2004 12:31 I-tunes
belezeebub
addict

Anyone using I-tunes ?

Seems like a good idea but before I sign up and get spammed I wanted to see what you think.

I don't like any one group I like any one or 2 songs and I wouldn't mind paying a buck per song in steed of 16 bucks for a CD and only listening to one song.

IS there a list online of the songs they have ?
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#206369 - 23/02/2004 12:49 Re: I-tunes [Re: belezeebub]
drakino
carpal tunnel

IS there a list online of the songs they have ?

Only by using the program. Feel free to download it, you don't need an account to browse the store, and play 30 second samples. Only when you go to buy do you need an account.

And my Apple ID e-mail has yet to see a piece of spam, so don't worry about that.

Also, bear in mind any song that you buy there will not work on the empeg unless you first burn it to CD, then rerip the music to MP3. I'd like to see an AAC decoder on the empeg/Karma, but doubt it will happen. I also highly doubt that if the empeg/Karma got AAC that it would also support the FairPlay DRM. But I can dream.

#206370 - 23/02/2004 13:02 Re: I-tunes [Re: drakino]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
unless you first burn it to CD, then rerip the music to MP3
Or come up with another way of transcoding the song, such as using Total Recorder or similar, or finding some kind of a hack tool that will decode the song to a non-copy-protected format.

#206371 - 23/02/2004 13:05 Re: I-tunes [Re: drakino]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
drakino, your new avatar was hurting my head
now that ive figured it out, i want to thank you for the entertainment