Day two was about Android, on Phones with 2.2, and on TVs.

Overall, it looks like 2.2 is going to be a really nice release for the phone side. Most of what was announced was known already, but they showed off the speed improvements from the JIT compiler, Flash 10.1 (now requires 2.2), and better cloud integration. It will now be possible to migrate app data and such between devices if you upgrade to a newer phone. Also, it's now possible to browse and buy apps on your computer, and have them pushed to the phone. They also demoed one last intriguing option of being able to plan out a big route on Google Maps, and push it to the phone. Should be interesting to see how third parties take advantage of this.

GoogleTV is Google's attempt to push into the TV market, with partnerships already established with Sony, Logitech, and Dish Network. The idea here is to bring broadcast/cable TV and Internet content closer together, with things like a built in google search that will find content from either source.

Overall, I liked a lot of what I saw, and hopefully it turns out to work well. Going forward, I think it's going to be critical for the devices in our lives to integrate better. There has been countless times where I just want to hand off a task (like watching a video) to a particular device, then transition it to another device later. Ideally, I'd love to be able leave the office, start listening to a podcast on the way to the car and have it move to the cars audio system once I start driving. Then when I get home, transition the podcast over to the TV or my computer. Hopefully with where Google is going, this will be possible at some point, but there is still a lot of work to make it happen. For how integrated Apple stuff is, this still isn't completely feasible yet either inside the walled garden.