Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#285719 - 20/08/2006 11:09 Sunroof problems
burdell1
old hand

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I am having some problems with my sunroof on my 1999 Pontiac Sunfire GT. It seems that most of the time it won't open all the way except for when it is very warm outside. and sometimes won't close all the way either. I found someone on the internet with a similar problem (I don't have the link at the moment, but will post it when I find it.) and they took the headliner out and found that the the motor wasn't screwed in tight enough and because of the slack, it would cause problems with opening and closing. I thought it might be the same cause of my sunroof problem, but it turns out it isn't. Has anyone had problems with their sunroofs on their cars?

#285720 - 21/08/2006 12:51 Re: Sunroof problems [Re: burdell1]
siberia37
old hand

Loc: Tacoma,WA
The sunroof of my 2000 Saturn SL2 opens ok but when it closes it hesitates and makes a horrible grinding noise. If you "help" it along with your hand it closes fine. I got it checked by the dealer once and they wanted about $400 to fix it. apparently the motor was going bad- $400 for an electric motor sounds a bit steep- but I guess the labor was the big expense in fixing it.

#285721 - 21/08/2006 19:26 Re: Sunroof problems [Re: burdell1]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
open the sunroof and then stick your head out of it and you will see various mechanical slidy things around the edge of the roof. Grease these up and open and close the roof a few times even if you have to help it, and each time you open it grease up the dry slidy bits and if you can get access to the wires grease those to.

Us scottish are good at fixing sunroofs as they get so little use