Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#341650 - 29/01/2011 00:58 Optical S/PDIF / Toslink remote control switch?
pca
old hand

Loc: UK
Hi.

I have a requirement for switching a number of optical spdif outputs to a single input, and had a quick look for a switch off the shelf. The cheapest one I can find is a simple 3 way manual variant, which is admittedly very inexpensive.

However, it means I have to get up and walk all the way across the living room, which is obviously a lot of trouble smile I'd really like a remote controlled one. The ones I can find seem to be insanely expensive, to the point it would be much cheaper to throw my receiver away and buy a new one instead.

Does anyone know of an inexpensive remote controlled one? Or do I just design one.

pca

#341652 - 29/01/2011 01:18 Re: Optical S/PDIF / Toslink remote control switch? [Re: pca]
tman
carpal tunnel

This would be what you'd want and its not insanely expensive. Only problem is that its out of stock and they're in the US.

Inday DA4X would also be what you want but its more expensive and you only get 1 output. Again, country issues. No idea if you can order it from anybody in the UK.

#341654 - 29/01/2011 01:28 Re: Optical S/PDIF / Toslink remote control switch? [Re: tman]
tman
carpal tunnel

Okay. Better options which are actually in the UK. AVT-5831-3x1? There are some mentions of people using a Joytech Xbox 360 AV Control Centre as a remote optical switch but its a bit big. More Joytech gear but that one is even bigger...