Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#353748 - 03/08/2012 23:00 Just wrong.
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California

#353753 - 04/08/2012 00:42 Re: Just wrong. [Re: gbeer]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
huh.

Quote:
Our dedicated fleet of vehicles scans plates in large metropolitan markets every day and uses route optimization software to maximize efficiency and total plate scans.

Quote:
PlateNet has LPR cars in these major metropolitan areas:
Atlanta
Northern California (San Francisco/San Jose)
Southern California (Los Angeles/Riverside/San Diego)
Chicago
Dallas
Detroit
Houston
Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
New York/New Jersey
Orlando/Tampa
Phoenix
Washington DC/Baltimore

#353756 - 04/08/2012 02:32 Re: Just wrong. [Re: RobotCaleb]
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
I admit to being conflicted about this service. It end runs the privacy laws regarding address info held by the DMV and then trumps it by providing address not held by the DMV.

On the other hand, the present DMV restrictions seem to create an uneven playing field.

BTW. The local police have these scanners on all the cruisers. Nothing was mentioned about geolocation info being part of the package.

#353820 - 06/08/2012 20:19 Re: Just wrong. [Re: gbeer]
TigerJimmy
old hand

Originally Posted By: gbeer
I admit to being conflicted about this service. It end runs the privacy laws regarding address info held by the DMV and then trumps it by providing address not held by the DMV.

On the other hand, the present DMV restrictions seem to create an uneven playing field.

BTW. The local police have these scanners on all the cruisers. Nothing was mentioned about geolocation info being part of the package.

In my opinion, one has a Natural Right to move about freely without being surveilled. That probably seems like a very quaint idea in this world, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Jim