I'm currently selling a couple of Xeon CPUs on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14293&item=3454372531 and have been getting requests to sell early which I've declined.

But I received an email last night with promises of large amounts of cash for the item and any identical items.

It was from an eBay user, but it didn't seem right - he said he was in Hungary, wanted to go via Escrow, and the items had to be sent via DHL or FedEx immediatley. When I searched for this user on Ebay, hes located in the USA, has a huge positive feedback and had nothing to do with CPUs or IT equipment. Alarms bells were ringing, so I emailed via ebay to check it out and got a reponse from a weird Yahoo account confirming he'd contacted me.

The eBay guy has an eBay shop, and the name on the shop is NOT the guy who answered me. I'm beginning to think this guy in Eastern Europe is using his account (and has changed the contact email) in a bid to gain peoples trust into sending them items. Small valuable items, Eastern Europe, Escrow??? Seems dodgy to me. Anyone else or am I just being paranoid?

I'd like to get the details of the eBay guy to warn him, but I can't access his details as I'm not involved in a transaction. Do I leave it? I'd want to know if it was me. Maybe its all ok, but at the back of my mind theres something odd.