Honestly, I don't know the first thing about Active Directory. I know how to do the most basic of things inside it, like reset passwords and stuff, how to make users a member of a group, etc.

But when something goes wrong I just don't have enough experience with it to know what to do. Here's my predicament:

I work for a very small office (3-4 people) and they have a Windows Server box with Active Directory running. These people have accounts on the system and their computers are part of a domain.

Recently, though, it seems they've become disconnected from Active Directory. One of the users forgot her password, and I've changed it in the system, but every time she tries to log in it's giving her an error that her username or password is incorrect. The username is correct, so it seems as though it's not talking to the server to get the new password. Any idea what could be going wrong here?

Thanks. Let me know if I can supply any more info. I have remote access to the servers, but not the computer in question. I do have remote access to another machine on the network.