I have a Fujitsu fi-6130 automatic document feeder scanner that is truly impressive, it will feed and scan double sided, 300 dpi, at a rate of 30 sheets per minute, or in other words, 60 images per minute in black and white, somewhat slower in color.

SWMBO has a nice Epson 4490 flatbed scanner that is slow (about 20 seconds to scan a single page) but is designed to scan color photographs at high quality.

I wouldn't want to try and create an eBook from a paper and ink book with her scanner. I wouldn't want to try and scan my Permanent Resident visa card with my scanner (the source material has to bend about 75 degrees to go through the scanner). Each scanner has its uses. Both of them connect via USB.

Since she never uses her scanner, and I absolutely hate doing battle with her iMac whenever I need a flatbed scanner, I had the bright idea to connect both her scanner and my scanner to my computer so I could just choose whichever scanner was better suited to the job at hand.

So, I downloaded and installed the Epson drivers and UI software for my computer, and it worked like a charm. The Epson software is very versatile and is actually better than what I have for my Fujitsu.

Then this morning I wanted to use my ADF scanner, only to find that apparently the Epson drivers over-wrote the Fujitsu drivers, and the Fujitsu would no longer work.

These are both TWAIN drivers, and are unique to each separate scanner. I reinstalled the Fujitsu drivers (latest update) and now the Fujitsu works, but of course the Epson will not.

Is it possible to have these two scanners co-exist on the same computer? If so, how would I do it?

tanstaafl.