Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#91933 - 04/05/2002 19:18 synchronize error
Brandis
stranger

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I am having trouble uploading songs to my Empeg. When the unit tries to upload the songs it fails and gives this error:

Synchronize failed while writing player configuration. An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket. (error 0x80072736)

If I look at the details for each song the first song has this error:

We Are All Made of Stars could not be synronized.,An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (error 0x80072746)

I am running Windows XP Home and connecting to the 'peg with a crossover cable on ethernet. I have been having problems for a couple of weeks now. Really want to get this figured out so I can use the other 17GB I have taunting me from the player

I have also been getting a Hard Disk Not Found - Contact Support error sporadically on the 'peg itself.. I found that if I wait a few seconds and then reboot the player it will usually boot up fine. Sometimes it takes more than once but has never not come back to me eventually.

I am attaching a log file from the last Synch attemp from earlier tonight.

BTW If this is in the FAQ and I missed it, please forgive me. I did try.

Attachments
90234-emplode.log (78 downloads)

#91934 - 04/05/2002 19:21 Re: synchronize error [Re: Brandis]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The "error while writing player configuration" might be a harmless "known bug" that's fixed in the next release, or it might be this more serious problem, but if it's the second thing, at least it's easy to fix.

The synchronization problem might be a direct result of the "hard disk not found" problem, details of which are covered here.

#91935 - 05/05/2002 21:34 Re: synchronize error [Re: tfabris]
Brandis
stranger

Do we have a date for when the new update will be released?

I had the .INI problem more than a month or so ago and was able to resolve it successfully. I have not set any new visuals as favorites since then and this current problem only started a few weeks ago. Do you think that is whats doing it?

I am really frustrated with this. I really really love this car stereo and hate not being able to add songs to it.

Thanks for the help.

#91936 - 08/05/2002 08:57 Re: synchronize error [Re: Brandis]
Brandis
stranger

OK. I tried to synch with the player on my work LAN and had the same problem. I did a couple of synchs fine when I was not adding any music, but as soon as I tried to add new music I got the error.

I am really hoping that I can resolve this without having to talk to support because from what I hear they are really busy and I dont want to bug them if its not absolutly unavoidable. Any ideas?

#91937 - 08/05/2002 10:46 Re: synchronize error [Re: Brandis]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Do you find that you need to fsck the drives on your loads / get lockups on the player? If so, you might want to try upgrading to the latest hijack.

#91938 - 24/05/2002 10:08 Re: synchronize error (update) [Re: Brandis]
Brandis
stranger

Just an update. Sent my player off to David at Empeg and he has fixed it all right up. Had to replace the entire unit apparently. Yikes! But, my Empeg is on its way back to me today!

I just want to thank everyone on this board for their help, and a BIG THANKS to David at Empeg for doing such a speedy job taking care fo this. You rock!

Now if I can only get my hands on a tuner.

#91939 - 10/10/2002 05:23 Re: synchronize error [Re: Brandis]
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
I have been having this problem recently, even after upgrading to beta 13. My 10gig is almost full (9.5) and it is impossible to sync without running into some errors. I am running XP and the only thing I can be sure of is the following:

1. When the unit was brand new there were never any problems. They started as the drive became full.

2. I have always used a router for my network and have used a 'store bought' cable at first. I have since extended my cables and have made my own. I am thinking that may be the problem.

3. I am using the ethernet connection.

A few more frustrating attempts to sync this unit and out the window it goes!

If you figure something out let me know.

Ed

#91940 - 10/10/2002 05:28 Re: synchronize error [Re: edsmiata]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

Any specific error codes? Where does it fail?

#91941 - 10/10/2002 05:59 Re: synchronize error [Re: pgrzelak]
edsmiata
addict

well..while i havent written them down the MO is usually like this..

after uploading songs Emplode tries to retrieve player config..and sits there indefinately

i go to the player and it is locked up so i unplug it..plug it back in..go back to my comp..hook up to the player again and it tells me something like it can't be found or is missing or something to that effect....

but when i do get it up and running sometimes the changes i made did take...and that's a good thing!

but like i said..never had any problems with this until the HD filled up to more than 90% capacity

#91942 - 10/10/2002 07:36 Re: synchronize error [Re: edsmiata]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
after uploading songs Emplode tries to retrieve player config..and sits there indefinately

Make sure that you are running both EMPLODE beta 13 as well as the PLAYER FIRMWARE beta 13, together. Then click here.

#91943 - 10/10/2002 08:16 Re: synchronize error [Re: tfabris]
edsmiata
addict

..did that...very disappointed with the performance of the unit....like i said the only real differences between now and when i was working problem free are:

1. Disc 95% full
2. Using different cable from router to unit

I am going to get a more direct route from the PC to the unit (direct to ethernet and not through router) and see what happens

Ed

#91944 - 10/10/2002 08:38 Re: synchronize error [Re: edsmiata]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
We can't help you unless we can see the logs. I want to see:

1. a serial trace from the player.
2. a debug trace from emplode.

Mail them to me ([email protected]), and I'll look at them. Without them, we can't help you.

#91945 - 10/10/2002 08:50 Re: synchronize error [Re: Roger]
edsmiata
addict

will do!!!!

I will get them to you tonight as the unit is at home.

thanks for your help!!!!!!

Ed

#91946 - 10/10/2002 08:52 Re: synchronize error [Re: Roger]
edsmiata
addict

um..one more question...er..um..would i get those from the error message itself? i ask this because yesterday it just hung up and sorta stayed there without any message

#91947 - 10/10/2002 10:00 Re: synchronize error [Re: edsmiata]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
I don't understand your question. What you need to do is this:

Connect a serial cable to your player. Run Hyperterminal -- see this entry in the FAQ for details.

To get a serial trace, select Transfer|Capture Text, and enter a filename. Then connect power to your player. You should see messages scrolling up the screen. If not, then read the FAQ entry again.

If you prefer, you can use a different serial communication program. The setup process will be similar.

Once you've done this, run emplode. In the player discovery dialog, hit the Options button and go to the Troubleshooting tab. Check the box. Make a note of the log file location.

Then do whatever you do that causes the failure. When you've reproduced it, close emplode. Then go to Hyperterminal and stop the capture.

Then, gather those two files, ZIP them up, and email them to me.

A common mistake people make (for some reason) is to send me traces of completely successful syncs. I know what they look like. Don't do this .

Then, hopefully, the information we need to diagnose your problem will be contained in these files. At the very least, it'll give us some ideas for other things to try.

#91948 - 10/10/2002 10:23 Re: synchronize error [Re: Roger]
edsmiata
addict

will do!!!!

thanks for your help

Ed

#91949 - 10/10/2002 16:11 Re: synchronize error [Re: edsmiata]
jets
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto, Canada
i have this problem too but i think its a bug. it started after v299 of hijack was installed. i get around it by using jemplode...it seems to be more reliable. try it...

#91950 - 11/10/2002 06:00 Re: synchronize error [Re: jets]
edsmiata
addict

thanks for the tip!!

exactly how would I go about doing that, though?