Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#3986 - 26/04/2000 09:30 ID3 V2
Dredd
enthusiast

Loc: Bay Area, California
OK, I asked about ID3v2.x tags, and it generated a decent sized thread... but nothing in the way of information about the real question, so I'll ask it again, in a new thread and hope someone "of import" notices and deigns to answer it.

When will ID3 v2.x tags be supported by empeg/emplode? I've got 10 DVD-RAM discs full of v2.x tagged rips, and no real desire to see "Unknown" in a slew of fields on my Empeg. When this came up in November, the Empeg guys were investigating the id3 lib's. Where does this stand at the present time? This is something that HAS to be ready for the MkII anyway, or you'll just generate a pissload of customer support complaints from the (target) retail market who doesn't know shit about ID3V1 vs. ID3V2 but just knows that their tunes don't get listed right. Get us the code now, so we can test it.

D

#3987 - 26/04/2000 10:08 Re: ID3 V2 [Re: Dredd]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
ID3v2 will be in there for the 1.0 release; at the moment we're not doing a lot of work on the car product due to very tight deadlines on other projects which is why it's been quite quiet since 10a (except for the work on the IR).

Sorry, we can't promise any dates at the moment. Things are very busy round here.

Hugo