Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#23142 - 30/11/2000 01:30 Drive Full, No boot !
chris_vd
stranger

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I accidentally untared the entire Debian image onto my drive, and it ran out of space halfway through the process. Now my Empeg wont boot at all telling me the following:

Freeing unused kernel memory: 8k initKernelpanic: no init found

Is this related to the lack of drive space, and how do I get a boot to complete so I can try and fix what I hosed?

#23143 - 30/11/2000 01:49 Re: Drive Full, No boot ! [Re: chris_vd]
chris_vd
stranger

Loc: Dallas, Texas
oops jumped the gun.. here is some more info.

Subject: Drive Full, No boot !
I accidentally untared the entire Debian image onto my drive, and it ran out of space halfway through the process. Now my Empeg wont boot at all telling me the following:

Freeing unused kernel memory: 8k initKernelpanic: no init found Try passing init= option to kernel

I've tried re-flashing with both the dev and consumer 1.01 files, but to no avail, it continues to hang on boot with that error. Is this related to the lack of drive space, and how do I get a boot to complete so I can try and fix what I hosed?

#23144 - 30/11/2000 03:34 Re: Drive Full, No boot ! [Re: chris_vd]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Very strange, as the developer/consumer images completely blat over the entire boot partition (which will remove any trace of the debian stuff you were trying to untar). It even works on a blank unformatted disk.

Are you letting them go all the way through the upgrade (including pumping the drives?)

Do you have a complete boot log?

Probably best to send it to [email protected] really...

Hugo