Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#59642 - 16/01/2002 10:51 Karaoke
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Loc: France, Champagne
I had this idea last night (i also slepp at night ...)

I dont know exactly about karaoke files but it could be very funny that we could practice karaoke in the car when there are some people with us in the car.

I believe that karaoke files are based on midi files (not big files) and lyrics of songs i are text plus timing so it wont be so big.

Displaying lyrics can be realized on empeg scren.

I am absolutely not a programmer, will therre someone (not always Mark) that could make some tries ?

#59643 - 16/01/2002 11:00 Re: Karaoke [Re: Nosferatu]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I'm on it but things have slowed down a bit with my graduate classes taking much of my time. I need to resolve some speed issues and figure out how the lyrics will be stored.

#59644 - 16/01/2002 17:20 Re: Karaoke [Re: tonyc]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Can you let us informed with screenshots ...

#59645 - 16/01/2002 20:11 Re: Karaoke [Re: Nosferatu]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Screenshots of a lyrics scroller? It's text, scrolling across the screen... Not much to show....

Right now it takes up the top 5 or 6 pixels of the display, the player graphics show in the remaining space (so it cuts off your display.) The released version would of course let you choose which lines you want it to take up.

I don't really like the "compressed display) way of doing things but if people really wanted that they are more than welcome to convince Mark Lord to implement that kind of display mode in the SETGEOM ioctl() in Hijack.

The last time I put this project down (two weeks or so ago) I was working on a full-screen type mode with bigger text that takes up the whole screen, and also a "pop up" mode where the lines just appear and stay on the screen. Those two aren't finished yet.

I want to warn you guys that I haven't had a ton of time for this one so don't expect anything in the next week or two. So anyone who thinks they can bang out something faster than me is more than welcome to do so. I was just doing it because it hadn't been done yet. My free time has been very marginalized lately but when I have a free hour or two, I hack away at this (along with the Trivia game and a few other pet projects.) I'm not a very "unidirectional" programmer in my free time because nobody's paying me.

#59646 - 16/01/2002 20:29 Re: Karaoke [Re: tonyc]
mandiola
enthusiast

Loc: Miami, FL - Sioux Falls, SD
Hmm... im not too good at programming but i'll surely help out.
Let me know: [email protected]

-Greg

#59647 - 16/01/2002 21:47 Re: Karaoke [Re: mandiola]
YouDontKnowMe
new poster

Q: What's the difference between a woman and a computer?
A: A woman doesn't take 3 1/2" floppies ; )
Guess who Sancho? Don't worry, I will never do this again, just wanted to mock you! (But what's new about that?) Have fun with your programming!
-YouDontKnowMe
Q: What does a blonde do when her computer freezes?
A: She sticks it in the microwave.

#59648 - 17/01/2002 09:19 Re: Karaoke [Re: tonyc]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

My question wasnt about your way to programm it (I coiuldnt give my mind, I dont Have ..) was that youcould show us pictures of your EMpeg running the Karaoke program .....

Sorry, you confirmed that I have a bad English (I did believe not until now)