Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#27026 - 21/02/2001 18:07 CVS repository for Empeg projects
forrie
new poster

I'd like to propose that we set up a more organized means of development for some of the Empeg code, hacks, etc., such as a central CVS repository. We could use a private system or something like SourceForge.

This could branch off to the entire Empeg code base, if needed (kernel and everything that is used in that release).

My thinking on this is to allow all projects to be equally exposed and kept up-to-date, properly documented and integrated.

Thoughts?

#27027 - 21/02/2001 19:12 Re: CVS repository for Empeg projects [Re: forrie]
drakino
carpal tunnel

While this won't help much with code, I just had an idea to create a links database similar to my logo database. I'll probably play around tonight and get something hacked togther.

I'm also seeing the possibility of automatic checking for 404's and notices when a site was updated.

#27028 - 21/02/2001 19:16 Re: CVS repository for Empeg projects [Re: drakino]
forrie
new poster

One thing I had in mind was, with a repository, that someone wanting to build the code themselves could get a working copy via "cvs checkout" of a given release, do the make, build, and install processes right there. Seems more sensible to have things together in this manner, especially with all the scattered projects around.

Just an idea I had, that's all :-)

#27029 - 22/02/2001 02:14 Re: CVS repository for Empeg projects [Re: forrie]
kim

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
I'd like to propose that we set up a more organized means of development for some of the Empeg code, hacks, etc., such as a central CVS repository. We could use a private system or something like SourceForge.

Verement has put up one a while ago already, it's here - although it never has been in use really.

Kim