So I started playing around w/ rebuilding the db in jemplode ... But I've sort of hit a brick wall. To properly rebuild the DB, I believe I have to download each *1 file. To do this, I'm using Hijack's FTP server (I need to be able to list all the available files and then grab the contents of each one). The problem is that it's taking me 219ms per *1 file, which adds up pretty damn fast to the point that I think this will actually be /slower/ than letting the Empeg do it itself ... If anyone has any ideas/suggestions/rants, I'm game.

In the case where I have a PlayerDatabase loaded in memory, I can bypass that downloads and rebuild in memory ... Maybe I just have to support both impls to do it right. In the case like alpha5, I can't load the database to rebuild from memory so I have to fallback to the slow way, but after a sync, maybe I can just depend on my in-memory version. The in-memory rebuild might cause some weird race conditions, I imagine, but 99% of the time it would be correct .

ms