I can't send any new tunes to the empeg, I can't create new playlists. I can't create a playlist and put a tune in it from another playlist to get it to stick and one of my playlists that has been on my empeg is gone, vanished!
Everytime I sync (on 2 different PCs over ethernet) I get sync errors (usually The length of playlist My Music (or whatever it may be) did not match the actual number of children detected.) and I get warnings at 'Retrieving player configuration'.
Then if I sync again I get a error connecting to player message at which time I have to unplug power from my empeg and close emplode. Error 0x80040015
Then I connect to the empeg I get the number of children error again.

Then I sync and everything works but none of my changes have been made.

I got new music and I can't listen to it...

I also tried to turn on the Hard Drive Icon... I got a sync error 0x8004003e. Closed emplode (with a ctrl-alt-delete) and powered off the player (which still had synchronising on the display (stopped, not moving) Powered up again and connected with emplode, changed the setting again and synced successfully. Only difference between the two attempts was that the first one I clicked on apply after checking th tick box for the hdd icon in emplode.

oh woe is me....