I've had the issue where it stutters the music then needs to get reset.... on mine also sometimes it just locks up... music continues playing but no input is accepted and the screen is frozen.

BTW heres another idea for a gps, I did this a few years ago.... if you have or can find a cheap delorme tripmate you can use these instructions for hacking it.... makes for a nice gps... since then I've modded mine to accept straight 12v power, removed the cord and replaced it with a serial port directly on the unit and a shiny LED

Also, after using this for a bit... mapsonus isn't too bad... granted I would never trust the directions its giving but last night I had a friend in the car that had no idea what an empeg was, he gets in... the voice clock starts talking... then just to demo I load the route from work to my house... it starts popping up all the CORRECT info (I think this was a first), needless to say I think he's now looking for an empeg...

OMG I didn't even notice in the link I posted above... he's got instructions for modifying his ram air intake with duct tape! I don't think this is the guy that originally came up with the delorme hack but his page was the only one I could find the instructions still intact.

Edited by lopan (04/12/2002 07:30)