I've also noticed that it still has trouble snapping to the correct waypoint in certain "really close" situations. It's hard to describe, but I'll try.

Imagine the following route (this is an actual example from my route to work in the morning):

A and B are actual waypoints, requiring that I make a turn. In this case, the distance between A and B is very small, perhaps only a hundred feet or so. Maybe less.

The mapping data is pretty accurate for this set of streets, but it's not perfectly aligned with the real GPS readings. So my path is off from the map data, just a little, as you can see.

GPSapp malfunctions on this set of turns. It either tells me about waypoint B much too late (after I'm already executing the turn), or it never stops telling me about waypoint A (requiring me to twiddle the knob to get it tracking properly again).

I understand that the real path isn't exactly on the data path, so I can see why GPSapp is having trouble with it. But I'm wondering if there's any way GPSapp can be more clever about how it snaps to the next waypoint. For example, it might be able to use my heading direction to decide whether or not I've actually executed a turn. Or it could notice that the next two waypoints are really close together, and temporarily "tighten up" its snap distance to make sure that I don't miss the B waypoint.

Attachments
149661-path.gif (104 downloads)