Holy crap! I should get credit for at least half of the hardware portion of the A+ certification just for installing this fan! I mean really, I had to disconnect all components, dismount the motherboard, and get a little too aggressive with a screwdriver right near the processor. By that I mean that the threads on one of the mounting brackets wasn't drilled very well, and it took a good amount of force to get it in there.

But now that all is said and done, the HSF is mounted, it is enormous, there is actually about a centimeter of clearance between it and the PSU shelf, and at its lowest setting, the fan is absolutely silent. What's more, I was able to test CPU temperatures using the supplied motherboard monitor before and after the installation. With the stock CPU fan, I was getting an idle temperature of 54C. Now, even after a game of GTA Vice City, the temp is about 40C. When Windows starts it's only 36C. That's all at the high fan speed, though. Still, the low speed starts the temp at about 39-40C.

Thanks for the help, everyone!