Thanks for all of the advice guys.

Well unfortunately after looking at the size of the empeg unit, installation of a second DIN-sized HU would be too difficult for me to handle right now. I was only looking for AM/FM radio support since CD's are not a priority. Based on all of your inputs, I will go with a direct empeg RCA to amplifier RCA configuration. I will use a four channel amplifier, and the fronts will be used for the front channels while the rears will be bridged for use with a subwoofer.

Since I do not have a tuner unit, I think the only really crazy thing that I am planning is to run an AM/FM handheld radio into the AUX-IN of the Empeg. This will probably be the easiest way for me to get my dose of NPR and AM traffic reports. I am going to open up the unit and see if I can use the car's stock antenna wiring to mate with the antenna of the portable radio.

In my hands
Metra In-Dash faceplate kit for 350Z
Empeg 30GB
CDT CL-61a's 6.5" Components
Infinity 1030 Subwoofer ($14.00 after rebate)
Sony SRF-M37V handheld radio

Ordered
Nakamichi PA504 Amplifier (will be run in 3-channel mode with the rears bridged)
Wal Mart Scoche 1000W Amp wiring kit ($32.00 delivered including 2xRCA cables)

Need to order
Speaker Wire (should I buy twisted?)
Marine-Grade Plywood for the subwoofer box
Miscellaneous wiring harnesses
Miscellaneous screws and bolts

I am hoping that you guys can recommend corrections and more things in the "Need to order" section. Of course I will take donations of Tuner Modules.