A f_cking paperclip.. To the brainiac at Empeg towers that decided it would be really cool to stick the reset button so far down inside the Karma you needed a special instrument to reach it, I would like to congratulate you on the stupidest design mistake of 2003.

Thanks to the wonderful lack of being able to get to the reset button with a paperclip and the fact that this damn player locks up ALL THE TIME, I now have a dead Karma.

When the player locks up and you are not able to reset it for a length of time, it seems that the hard drive fails. I don't know if it's heat related or what but to say that I'm pissed would be an understatement. I have handled this player like it was a freaking egg and been so careful with it and now it's failed because of crappy firmware and an unreachable reset button.

I've seen other people have exactly this same problem where the player locks up and they are not able to reset it and upon reboot, the drive is toast. It sure would be nice if the Karma could recover a little more gracefully from these lockups, even if it means powering down, rebooting or whatever. Anything is better than a toasted hard drive in a $300.00 player.

I've had this player less than a month. It's going to be interesting to see how DNNA handles repair/exchange. If they will not do an advance replacement, you can prepare for another tirade. I'm leaving on a 30 hour car trip next weekend and I expect to have a Karma to take with me. I paid for a player, not a player that constantly has to be reset and one that only works right when the stars are in the right alignment.