Perhaps I do have it backwards, however Im not the only one. I've seen several people on Riovolution have the same scenario as I have. My thoughts on the locks ups killing the hard drive being that continuously spinning up and down just causes the hard drive to puke. If that's not feasible then it's probably under the scenario you gave where the drive caused the player to puke and not the firmware.

Have I had lockups under 1.25? Yes. Can I attribute those to the firmware? Under your explanation, no. Could have been a bad hard drive causing it. However, the unit never had any problem syncing and adding music and I did that right up until the thing died so I dunno.

About the reset thing, I can appreciate the fact that you need a hardware reset. I just think that having it a little more accessible might have been a better idea. Perhaps a small recessed reset bottom on the back somewhere.Maybe there isn't room anywhere for that.

Finally, I'm glad to hear that none of your people were behind this reset button blunder. I guess the original designer figured people wouldn't need the reset button thus it's placement.

Finally, since I'm sure you have an idea of the number of units shipped/sold, Rob, do you think the failure rate so far, given that the player is so new, has been acceptable?