The point of the testing I'm dong is to provide native support for HD sets in the video driver to negate the need for third party mode tweaking.
I salute you and your company for doing this.

There is something important I would like to ask you to please consider in this, if possible. It's something that came up when I tried hooking up my PC to my HDTV...

Many projection televisions, (and some of the plasmas I imagine) have "overscan". This means that approximately 5 percent of the screen area is past the bezel and can't be seen. This is on purpose, because most movies are telecined in such a way that this overscan is expected.

But when I try to use my PC on my HDTV, the video driver doesn't take this into account and the Start menu is off the screen, games put the score and health indicators just off the screen, etc.

If there were a video driver that took this into account, and mapped the windows desktop and Direct3D games into an area that was 5% smaller than the actual raster swipes (while still somehow being smart enough to show DVDs with full overscan), then that would be the ultimate video driver for HTPCs...