Quote:
I think Bush should have been clearer with regards to his reasons for the war.
[...]
in general I agree with Bush's motives and ideology

This is the only part of your post that doesn't make sense to me: how can anyone agree with Bush's motives and ideology, when Bush hasn't made it clear what those motives and ideology are?

Quote:
I truly believe Bush is a good man who has made some mistakes

Mistakes, I can put up with. I honestly don't think Bush is evil, either. I think he's naive, petulant, has a competitive streak a mile long, and as a result, is easily manipulated by his staff as a result. I think he's in waaaay over his head.

He has a history of business failures, all of which he was bailed out of, and even in his involvement with his ballclub, he was kept at arms reach by his partners. His personal life was a mess, which he was bailed out of. And now, even though you think the war is justified, you think he's made more mistakes than he has done right. To me, that all just stacks up to something far more serious than "some mistakes".

I'm sure he's a very personable fellow, and that I'd like him if we had met before he got into politics. Regardless of good, or not good, however, when one's pattern of choices tends to have more negatives, than positives, especially at the level where the outcome of those choices can have disastrous, and far reaching consequences, I think it's important to ask: is this the right person to lead the country?

That, alone, would keep me from voting for the guy, and I haven't even begun to touch on the stuff that *really* gets under my skin about the administration.