Quote:
Ok now what is the correct version to use?V095 pre beta 4?V095 prebeta 5?I couldn't find the version 0.9 beta 4 listed in your guide.

Thanks for letting me know about that. It looks like my page is a bit out of date. EAC V0.95prebeta4 is fine, but prebetas can be buggy from time to time, so personally, I'll stick with EAC V0.85beta4. Because EAC is pretty stable, most newer versions simply have more support for additional drives. The EAC site will always have details on what the different versions do.

Quote:
If I had a brand new disc and compressed it with the lame alt preset standard settings in both Audiograbber and EAC,would there be any difference?If not is the reason EAC is better because it tries to correct for scratches and stuff?

You're right on the money there. All these programs do is extract the audio data from the disk and then hand that data over to the LAME encoder. Audiograbber is easier to get up and running with because it's more user friendly, but EAC is the best at detecting and correcting errors (using the error-correction schemes built into the CD format that most players don't bother with at all.)