Quote:
See the amusing thing is that (according to a lawyer friend of mine) they are not breaking the law due to the wonders of the Russian copyright rules

So would I be breaking the law if I "import" these files from Russia to my machine in the UK for use there?

The way I see it I would be fine if I were in Russia, but would have to meet the required laws for use here in the UK. Their website doesn't inspire confidence on this issue...

The user bears sole responsibility for any use and distribution of all materials received from AllOFMP3.com. This responsibility is dependent on the national legislation in each user's country of residence. The Administration of AllOFMP3.com does not possess information on the laws of each particular country and is not responsible for the actions of foreign users.

I am confused. I'm not bothered about downloading music myself, I think the record companies and the artists seem to be doing just fine. I think the free downloading of music will increase sales over time, I now I listen and buy more music than I ever have, I also go to see more of those bands live than I ever have. (Just bagged 2 front row tickets for Mark Knopfler at Manchester WOO HOO!).

Cheers

Cris.