Hello,

People have asked to be able to browse while playing music on the list. I think TBeach are giving other functionality consideration first though. I do think it is possible tough, as the unit multitasks for other things. (For example you can force it to rescan your shares for new music while playing music) I think the unit is Windows CE based. The current OS version is 1.1 for the TB/Gateway units.

I agree w/ Altman that good D/A converters are the ultimate goal for any digital audio chain. But I think people w/ higher end gear are still going to want to take advantage of the D/A and processing in their system directly. I run everything through a Lexicon MC-1. A good line level input sounds great, but does go through another A/D & D/A conversion in order for the pre/processor to support its surround modes (that are handled digitally). This is why you won't find an analog input in my system. A little extreme, sure. But that's part of the game, and when you pay good money for a nice processer/ D/A, you want it to run the show. ;)

-James