Quote:
I am guessing the classic must have changed quite a bit over the older ipods because no one in the apple store could tell me how to run it either.

Maybe I will just have to get used to the ipod way.

Looking at the videos on the Apple site, I can't see anything to indicate a big change in the interface. It looks like cover flow was added ,and that the menus frequently have art on the right hand side now. Beyond that, the mechanics all seem the same as the first gen Nano I have.

As far as the iPod way, I haven't given in yet. The nano came in handy for podcasts since the Karma didn't understand such concepts, but beyond that it never saw any music use. Most of my iPhone space is also dedicated to podcasts, or videos, with very little actual music on it. If I need music on the go, I still grab the Karma, and thankfully the one I have is holding up decently.

It really is a shame the great features of both the empeg and Karma haven't really reappeared in many other places. I had hoped the iPod would change to add in more advanced features, but at the pace it is going, we might have an iPod equivalent to the Karma by 2030. I'm still surprised iTunes folders for playlist management still hasn't made the sync jump over to the iPods, and that even with the power of the iPhone platform, smart playlists are stuck being static once they move over.