Rob, is there any likelihood whatsoever of a retro-fit of any of the new features to a Mk1? Have you considered the possibility of fixed price hardware upgrades such as the replacement of the display panel for the new one with the rotary control? I can understand the real practicality/costs of this sort of work (which would probably be quite high), but I for one would be interested in the possibility of paying for a subset of the Mk2 features as a retro-fit carried out by the factory - the display control panel being the most interesting.

I was under the impression that there was an expansion slot in the Mk1 (I could be horribly wrong here), so is there any scope for a memory upgrade/piggyback board for ethernet to the Mk1?

Finally, have all the options for the on-board radio been exhausted? For example, has the software tuning/discrimination got any improvement left? Is there a known source to radio problems which could be fixed with a hardware change as a fixed-price modification?

I for one would be interested in this kind of piece-meal, fixed price upgrades idea if you were to offer it as there is absolutely no way my spouse would tolerate me buying another empeg - what about you other Mk1 owners? Would you be interested in a Mk1a?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015