Originally Posted By: Cris
I find Siri to be a pretty cheap gimmick, and I never use it. It was fun for the first few weeks. It's scope outside the US is currently very limiting, and I find I can't speak naturally to it. I somehow feel like I am barking commands at it as there is little point in being human with it.

I have seen it have some pretty bad issues with some accents, and they even called this out in the 5.0.1 update in regard to Australian accents. We tried it out at work, and did see an improvement with one of our down under folks. Over time it should hopefully improve. I can speak pretty naturally to it without too many issues.

It wil help as they expand what it integrates with in each country. For now, the location search parts seem to be US only.

Some of the other common things I use it for is weather info and light texting duties. One advantage Siri has for me over just using normal apps is the accessibility even when the phone is PIN locked. I can do some basic things just by holding the home button down, vs the typical slide, type, type type, search for app, run then relock. (And for the security concerned, Siri can be turned off completely until the device is unlocked).