+1 for Malwarebytes. It's always the first thing I run on any of my clients' machines.

+1 for MSE, which I've recommended several times but AVG keeps winning for Doug wink **

I'd boot into safe mode and run Malwarebytes. That takes care of most of these things. Also try running TDSSKiller to look for rootkits, and look at Hijack This as recommended above for any odd items (but don't remove things indiscrimenantly, it's a tough program to read).

IF all else fails, then I have one more suggestion. I hesitate to suggest it because it's a much bigger hammer and some bad things could happen if used improperly. But if we're talking about really hitting a virus hard, Combofix is the tool. Again, this one can eff your system up as easily as fixing it. Please try all the other solutions here before using it.

**Doug, I'm just giving you a hard time about your love of AVG (which, admittedly, I used to love before it started looking like Norton). The fact is, a perfect antivirus does not exist in any way shape or form, aside from pulling out the network jack and never plugging any hardware or media into your computer. User behavior is still the best protection.