Originally Posted By: andy
What browser are you using ?
My primary browser is Firefox. I also have Chrome and Internet Explorer available. Firefox and Chrome both show the unwanted popups; Internet Explorer [apparently] does not.

Originally Posted By: andy
Have you tried installed and running Malware Bytes ?
On your recommendation I have now done so.

Now if my computer catches on fire and burns down my house, it'll be all your fault! smile

Attached is a screenshot of the Malware Bytes log taken (I think) before I clicked the Remove Malware button. After I did that, I re-ran the program and got the message that there was no malware found.

Incidentally, I found out why you recommend running Malware Bytes in safe mode... I ran it in "normal" mode the second time (when it found no malware) and on my next reboot Malware Bytes had enabled every single item in my Startup menu. I went through it and disabled all the things I want to keep but not have loaded on boot. Attached is a screenshot of my startup menu.

If anybody wants to look through those two screen shots (right-click and choose "View Image" to make them readable) and advise me of anything that doesn't look right, I'd appreciate it.

At this point I don't know if my unwanted popups are gone, but hope springs eternal. Meanwhile, what am I going to do with all those free iPads I have won?

tanstaafl.

Attachments
Malware Log.jpg

Startup Screen-W1200.jpg