Being in the HR realm for many years I realized recruiters are not at the top of the food chain. However, today, I had a “first call” with a recruiter and it actually pissed me off (didn’t expect that). Is this the norm?

I have been happily employed by basically the same company for years. The names have changed but the faces remain the same. I’ve been sold and moved and reclassified many times. My job has changed and I have grown with the changes. However today, after about 15 years of never looking anywhere else I dared to look. I looked at working for this new company only because I see a better future with their product. However, today in the first interview with the recruiter he badgered me on why I want to leave my current company and other things. Apparently I was to give short answerers so he could document them in the interview “document.” I tried to explain I liked my job, I like my company, however I don’t see a future there. This was not good enough and he wanted to know why I wanted to leave my current job. I said it two more times, I like my job, I like my company but I don’t see a future doing what I an doing. There were many interruptions by him as I explained how I could fill this roll and he only seemed interested in filling out his “Interview Form.”

There were many other instances during the interview where I felt insulted or badgered. My wife, (since I work at home) noticed I was getting pissed.

So is this the norm? Do recruiters just fill out a form and the shortest answer wins? I am way qualified for this job but this asshole recruiter is standing in my way.