My N4 arrives tomorrow. In terms of phone plans, I think T-Mobile's $30/month 5GB/100 minute prepaid plan is perfect for me. I've averaged around 200 minutes of voice in the last few months, but even if I go over by 100 minutes, it's only $10 more, and I can always use GrooveIP to save on minutes if I need to.

I've read conflicting things about how you can get T-Mo's $30 plan. Older posts online suggest that it was a Wal-Mart only thing, but this post suggests you can just order a Micro-SIM online and activate it with the $30 plan on T-Mobile's web site. I'm going to try that.

The problem, of course, is I need to wait for the Micro-SIM to arrive, and I'll have the phone in my hands tomorrow without a SIM. I've never owned a GSM smartphone before -- will I be able to do anything with the phone without a SIM? I was hoping to be able to do the initial setup, downloading apps, etc. on my home wifi at least. Is there some way I can buy a cheap prepaid SIM with data service in a store somewhere to use it for a few days until my T-Mo SIM arrives? If so, where's a good place to get one?