Originally Posted By: DWallach
One thing I'm wondering about KitKat is that they've apparently gotten rid of the grey/blue transition on the signal strength meters, which previously indicated that your phone was successfully connected to Google's backend servers. I don't know if they've found some other way to indicate this or not.

Oh, good question. I wasn't aware they'd done that. I find that extremely useful at the moment. Oh well, it's something I could live with.

Originally Posted By: tonyc
I'm a bit disappointed they didn't upgrade the camera sensors in the N5

Though the camera at least has OIS now, which is nice for my shaky hands. I'm hearing completely mixed things about the camera so far, though. Google really doesn't have a good track record with the cameras in their phones, so I'm not holding out much hope that this one will blow me away. As long as it isn't worse than the N4 I can live with it.

One thing I haven't been able to suss out from the news about the phone: does it have the same always listening that the Moto X has? It appears that the Nexus 5 has auto-listening when the phone is turned on and unlocked, but I haven't seen anyone mention whether it can listen for your keyword when the phone is off...