Hi guys,

I'm back after nearly a month of little contact as I have been in North West Spain. I have been sifting through the visuals related posts, and I can't work out which visual you all thought was so amazing that I shouldn't have cut it out of the build. There was a variable density white noise (and therefore not really white noise) visual I wrote a long time ago, but it wasn't really all that impressive, and I wasn't aware that it was ever released. If you like I'll tuck it back into the next build and you can decide for yourselves whether it is worthwhile.

You'll be pleased to hear that I've recently developed an algorithm for modelling fluid flux through large scale crustal fault zones (such as the San Andreas, California). It happens that I can modify the algorithm so that the resulting flux pattern is like a real time calculated flame - I'm hoping that in a future build I can include this to produce real time sound sync'd flames across the screen (Something I've wanted to achieve for a long time).

You'll be interested to hear that I am launching a site dedicated to writing visuals for the empeg where you'll be able to get some useful tips on how its done. The site is at www.empeg.prolux.co.uk but there isn't anything there at the moment. Regarding an API, this will involve a lot of work both for me, and the guys at empeg who are already very busy. I do hope at some point soon to include entry points for all the available primitives (e.g. plot line, plot bitmap, plot triangle, etc.)so that people can start to tie together their own sequences. This will probably develop organically into an API.

Toby