Hi.

I don't smoke in houses or cars or around people who don't like it. There are smells that offend me like perfumes and colonges. Can I expect everyone that I might come in contact with not to wear them because I don't like it? No.

There is one problem though:
If you smell of smoke, perfume or whatever, that doesn't stick to me when I pass you. I might dislike the smell, but (almost) as soon as you are gone, the smell is gone, too.
However, if you smoke near me, the smell of that smoke will stick to me, which offends me, to say the least. So generally, I don't have a problem with you smoking, but I would have a problem if you did it near me.

Well, I guess we don't ever meet in person, so well, do whatever you like.

Regarding the political correctness issue: I do think that smoking near people who don't like that is impolite. It shouldn't be made illegal though. If you asked me, I would change laws a bit:
  1. legalize marihuana (alternatively: prohibit alcohol and tobacco, but that is unlikely)
  2. make it illegal to smoke in publicly accessible buildings except for areas where it is explicitly allowed. It should only be allowed either in the whole building or only in areas where the smoke can't get to non-smoking areas.
  3. fine some serious amount (like 40$ or something) for throwing litter (like chewing gums, cigarette remainders etc.) on streets or generally to any place other than trash cans. (Have you ever been to the moscow underground when it was still in good shape? You could earn a two days stay in jail just for spitting your old chewing gum to the ground. As a result, the underground was perfectly clean.)
While I am not very serious about prohibiting alcohol, the rest are serious wishes of mine. Geee, I'm pretty extreme there, right?

cu,
sven

cu,
sven