Sorry for not posting links sooner... I found the deal pretty late last night in a fit of "geez, I just don't have enough electronic crap at home"

Onkyo's page for the SE-U55

J & R's page

The only issue with this box (and all the boxes in the same category) seems to be how you drive them. There's something called ASIO, which some fancier sound cards support. It's not clear to me whether this is in the slightest bit necessary, but there it is.

One of my motivations for this gizmo is to turn my laptop into a serious DJing machine (internal sound card to cue the next song, external sound box to drive the real speakers). I spent hours last night chewing through all the different DJ packages, and it's just amazing how loonie some of these things get.

SInce I have no need to beat match or cross-fade, I'm tempted to just run two instances of WinAmp, even though it's not potentially as useful as BPM Studio, which I'm mostly only interested in for its database capabilities. I need to spend more time poking around that list to see if somebody's built the right package for me. You need the "pro" version of BPM Studio if you want to support two sound cards at once, at that's around $400, which seems silly.

*sigh*